So you’ve decided it’s time to paint your home, and have gone with the professionals at American Perma-Coat Painting. We’ve detailed our process below.
What you can expect the first few days our crew members are at your home:
· For exterior jobs, we will prep and power wash your home to remove dirt, mold, and mildew.
· This provides a clean surface for our products to adhere to.
· After the surface is cleaned and dry, we will apply a coat of peel bond.
What is the peel bond’s purpose?
· Peel bond helps seal and fill cracks to prevent water penetration. By doing this it will not allow water to infiltrate, which could cause paint failure or the siding to deteriorate.
· Once the peel bond has dried we then take the necessary steps to apply caulking to fill any voids, gaps, and other areas where water can penetrate.
The house is sealed and protected. What’s next?
· We will assist the homeowner in choosing three color choices for the main part of the home. We take the three color choices and paint a small section of siding. This allows the homeowner to have a feel for how each color will look on their home and during different times of day, prior to the entire home being painted.
· Once a color has been chosen, American Perma-Coat Painting will apply two coats of high quality paint purchased from our local suppliers.
Why do you still apply two coats of paint after a layer of peel bond?
· When a homeowner is spending money to update the look of their home, to seal and protect their home, we follow the essential steps and protocol to the job right! Two coats of high quality paint will ensure the best possible look and durability for your home.
American Perma-Coat Painting stands behind our work and offers a 3 year warranty. We also offer discounts to returning customers and to active duty military.